[TowerTalk] Big Grip Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big Grip Help
From: k3gp@bigfoot.com (George K3GP)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:10:35 -0400

I may be wrong, but the big grips I purchased from Texas Towers for 3/16"
EHS bore red stripes and 1/4" EHS bore yellow stripes. Each big grip had a
small paper tag in the curve that verified it was for 1x7 EHS of the
specified size. If I am wrong, I'll be in trouble when I top off my 45G
tower as I used yellow striped big grips on 1/4" EHS!  (I had a sign crane
help me put up a 25G and a 45G tower to the 80 foot level last Saturday, and
the remaining sections are going up via gin pole as 80 foot was the maximum
capability of the crane). I'll have photos of the tower erection on my web
site very soon.

333-3333
George, K3GP