[TowerTalk] Big Grip Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Big Grip Help
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:42:10 -0600

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:47:57 EDT W4nf@aol.com writes:

>Based on the inputs I've received I will recut 5' pieces of
> 1/4" EHS
> to come off the tower before going into the 27' non resonant
> lengths.
>
> Thanks and 73, Jack W4NF

Non Resonant ?   NOT   EXACTLY

27 ft is self resonant pretty close to 18 MHz., placing it
between 15 and 20 Meter half wavelengths, but certainly
NOT non-resonant.

Personally, I like to use 12 ft lengths close to the tower
since that is self resonant above 35 MHz and more nearly
"invisible" to the HF spectrum.  Then I go to 27, 40, or 54 ft
after getting clear of the elements.

de  Tom  N4KG