[TowerTalk] one 80m dipole for 3.5 through 4.0

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] one 80m dipole for 3.5 through 4.0
From: kf9yh@netnitco.net (Bob - KF9YH)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:19:55 -0500
> Are their designs for 80m dipoles covering 3.5 through 4.0 preferably
without a
> trip to the antenna?  Sounds like the search for the holy grail.  Some
ideas:

> 1) a pair of dipoles with one feedpoint, one cut for each end of the band
>
> I suspect this doesn't work since I have never seen it written about or
used.

Pete, I use 4 dipoles for 40 & 75/80 meters, all with one feedline.
I have one cut for each part of each band at: 7.04, 7.23, 3.60, and
3.85 mhz. They are fed with one length of 9913, up about 50 feet.
They perform right where they should. You do have to keep them
fanned out and not parallel to each other, from my experience.

Bob - KF9YH