[TowerTalk] G-800S problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G-800S problem
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:35:10 -0400
Have you last positioned your rotator using the "PreSet" control?
If so, just momentarily hit the "Left" or "Right" switch and your
packet radio should no longer influence the control head pointer.
73, de Joe AA4NN
On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:55:42 +0000 Ted Sarah <w8tts@gwis.com> writes:

> I just installed a G-800S rotator and have an interesting problem.
> When it's on every once in awhile the pointer moves a little, about 5
> degrees, and then goes back to the correct spot.   This would happen
> every minute or so.  I couldn't figure it out, checked the wiring, etc.
> and every thing was fine.  Then I happened to note that it happened
> every time my 2M packet radio, a Yaesu FT-8000, transmitted.  Go
> figure
> rotator with an RF problem.  Any ideas on how to correct this other
> than the usual torid cores on the cable?
>
> 73 - Ted - W8TTS
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee