[TowerTalk] G-800S problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G-800S problem
From: jurgen.geldhof@skynet.be (Jurgen Geldhof)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:40:46 +0200
Hi Ted and the list,

I observed the same problem here, i.e. the controller needle (not the
rotator !) moving when transmitting, and it is an RF problem.  The only
band on which I saw this problem was on 144 MHz.

The solution for me was to ground the control box of the rotator.  A simple
small wire from one of the screws on the back of the controller to the
ground I use for my coax shields etc and the problem is solved here.

Moving the coax away from the rotator cable seemed to improve the situation
also.

I'm using a Yaesu G800S, so NO preset.

A friend of mine has a Kenpro 800 with preset and had the same RF problem,
also solved by grounding the control box.

The preset problem referred to by some on this reflector is not the same,
this one seems indeed due to the wind.

73

Jurgen "Jo" Geldhof   ON4BCJ

jurgen.geldhof@skynet.be