[TowerTalk] Grounding Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:55:14 EDT
In a message dated 99-10-15 12:42:56 EDT, n3dok@pgh.net writes:

> How would I go about putting a #4 ground wire between the station
>  ground and the house electrical ground?

     Where's your 'station ground' - inside or out? What sort of ground
system do you have? Are you referring to the house electrical ground
groundrod?

> The wire would have to make a 90
>  degree turn to connect the 2 locations. Could a  8ft ground rod be put
>  at the 90 degree turn?

      Sure. What sort of distance are you talking about between the 2 points
of interest? The important thing to remember is that all ground wire bends
should be gradual and sweeping - no sharp bends allowed.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products