[TowerTalk] messenger cable attachments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] messenger cable attachments
From: ve6yc@home.com (Peter Larsen)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:38:27 +0100
Hi Steve:
> I guess it's the neutral AND the messenger wire.

The problem here might be that we are on two different sides
of the border. Here as a standard practice, the messenger
never carries any current in the circuit.
For our terminology the neutral is the ground connected
center tap of of a transformer, and the messenger is used to
support the conductors.

The neutral of a typical 4/4/6 service is ACSR (aluminum
conductor
steel reinforced.) It is derated to #6 as it is assumed there is
enough 240 volt load.

Does this clear it up a bit? (I hope so, or else I will have to
break out my old text books.)

--
 Peter J. Larsen
 VE6YC

 Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their
 level, then beat you with experience.