[TowerTalk] Re: Welcome to towertalk

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Welcome to towertalk
From: K7GCO@aol.com (K7GCO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 01:12:01 EDT
Has anyone ever added a stub to a 2 element quad relector that was adjusted
to best F/B with a relay across it that tuned it for maximum gain?  Or
installing a variable capacitor with the tuning shaft extended to the boom
and a selsyn motor to tune it for gain for F/B?  I was planning to try both
of these on a 5 band 2 element quad.
     I had a 5 band 2 element quad, same spacing, with the DE's tied together
and it destroys the patterns and a great antenna.  I put in the computer a 5
band 2 element quad with tpered spacing and individuatlly driven DE's and the
patterns were better than a mono 2 element quad.  That's not true with
multi-band yagi's.  Then I came up with a way to improve it even more.  I've
got a mono 2 element quad with a yagi director in the computer that gives a
90 db null in the rear.  Awesome!  That's the largest I've ever obtained.

K7GCO