[TowerTalk] Routing wire from tower to ground for lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Routing wire from tower to ground for lightning protection
From: ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron Youvan)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 23:04:10 +0000
Hi:

> << I have a 15 foot Create tower on top of my house which holds up a KLM
> KT-34XA
> which is about 35 feet high.  I have finally decided to ground the tower for
> lightning protection . . .

> . . . I suppose that I should run a wire around the sides and end of the
> house to

> the service entrance ground on the other side of the house from the station
> ground.  >>

  Bingo, you can not drive enough rods to produce the ground

the electric company gives you free. I'd put the new rod/s next

to the power company's ground rod, bond them together and

take the antenna's ground wire to it.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
VISIT my HAM WEB SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm
  using LINUX here & loving it!