[TowerTalk] Soldering Weathered Connections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soldering Weathered Connections
From: clive@gm3poi.prestel.co.uk (c penna)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:54:29 +0100
Tom, I think the only thing to do is clean all the ladder line wires
individually with wire wool.
I was using a Copper ring of 3/8" tube for radial connections but I've found
a much better method. I use a 12"X12" piece of thin brass sheet about 0.5mm
thick and drill 1/16" holes around the edge say 30 per side and also make a
3" dia hole in the middle. Connecting the wires through the holes is simple
and they solder much easier than Copper tube or thick wire. You can then
easily add more holes than your using  with the system in place and the
brass cleans well with wire wool or emery cloth. 73 Clive GM3POI