[TowerTalk] ZR3 vs. Attic Dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ZR3 vs. Attic Dipole
From: ValErwin@aol.com (ValErwin@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:19:04 EST
Howdy!

Before I would lay down my hard earned cash, for a ZR3, (dipole design) that
essentially lays on the ground, I would seriously look at an attic dipole. It
is real easy to poke a hole in the sheet rock for coax or ladder line.  The
repair of the hole takes but a few minutes.

Over the years I have had many attic dipoles.  The most efficient was a Zepp
with ladder line and a tuner. (Worked 163 countries/100W)  Another location
prevented me from using a very long dipole in the attic sooooo, I used two
Slinky's (toy,metal version) in a Zepp configuration, again fed with ladder
line. The non-Slinky Zepp covered 10-40M whereas the Slinky Zepp covered
10-80M.  I never tried a trap dipole but you may want to go that way if you
don't like ladder line --

An attic dipole is a no-brainer!  Save your money for the Dayton Hamvention!

Regards,

Val L. Erwin
W5PUT