[TowerTalk] Re: KT34 parts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: KT34 parts
From: DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net (DavidC)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 19:52:27 -0500
My, my.  Sure are some angry people out there this season
of love.  Sad.

There are apparently many KLM owners who had no idea they
were going out of business and destroying their parts stock.

I was merely responding to the reality that the creditors surely
leveraged their legal-beagles to get theirs but the Hams who
invested their hard earned money in KLM gear were ignored
in the process.  Apparently only banks and other creditors are
entitled to legal protection?

If I owned a KLM product still in warranty I'd be furious.  No
warranty support and no opportunity to buy spare parts before
they destroyed the stock?  Let's get real here, someone slammed
the door on the Hams ... most likely it was the lawyers but that
still doesn't make things right.

I don't often suggest lawsuits but since everyone but the Hams got
a say in how the leftovers were distributed the injured parties aren't
left with many choices are they?  (Someone SOLD the parts stock,
they didn't give it away.)

In America, like it or not, the Founding Fathers designed our
system to include legal recourse when mistreated and all other
means of restitution have been closed ... please think before
you attack!

Sorry for speaking up for my fellow Hams.  Sorry there are
a few hotheads out there who seem not to care about other
Hams.  BTW:  I own no KLM products, I merely feel as though
something definitely went awry in this case where Hams were not
allowed to purchase parts stock for their orphaned products before
it was destroyed.  I don't understand why that is so difficult for
some here to comprehend

- Nuff said ... 73, DavidC  K1YP