[TowerTalk] Useful DMSO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Useful DMSO
From: spindoc@digital.net (Richard Spindler)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:37:31 -0500
The problem that DMSO has with the FDA, and with the medical profession,
is that we tend to like products and techniques which are results-based
as opposed to being based on hearsay and supposition.

That means that the product, herb, or treatment must be compared in a
scientific manner with another treatment or a placebo and show a
statistically significant benefit.

An excellent example of the "supposition" school is the school that says
that if WD-40 is a lubricant, it must be just the thing to spray on
joints with arthritis.  Or that, since mandrake root looks like a penis,
it must be good to improve potency.  Or that, since Grandma used to put
a mustard poultice on your back for flu, it must be helpful.

DMSO has not passed that kind of test and has some toxicity, so I am not
recommending it to my folks.

Doc/N9AM