[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Failure
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:13:07 -0600
I have not noticed a problem with galvanized anchors.
PAINTED anchors on the other hand have shown
cracking and pealing of the paint on the shaft when
turned into HARD clay which required considerable
effort to twist into the ground.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001  "Barry Kutner" <w2up@mindspring.com> writes:

> The friction against the earth as you screw it in will probably
> remove your coating. Which makes me wonder... Does screwing in
> the anchor, as it scrapes against rocks in the ground, remove the
> galvanizing, and lead to corrosion, and resultant breakdown?

> 73 Barry
>
> On 2 Jan 01, at 7:36, dan hearn wrote:
>
> > The TT archives mention use of bitumen coating for inhibiting
> > corrosion. Sounds like a good idea to me. Might be harder to screw
> in> that type of anchor but certainly useful for the cement encased
> type.
> >
> > 73, Dan, N5AR

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.