[TowerTalk] Antenna proximity

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna proximity
From: jvevans@his.com (John Vaughan Evans)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 13:25:34 -0800
I managed to burn out the input attenuator on my FT1000 by having the RX antenna
connected to a Beverage while transmitting into a loop on 160 meters. The input
attenuator is constructed from chip resistors, but can be rebuilt with 1/8 th
watt standard resistors. Keep the leads as short as possible.