[TowerTalk] Beverage height?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beverage height?
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:59:51 -0600
Ron,

I have studied the issue (I have the same problem) and came to the
conclusion that the propagation factor of the line at low heights is much
lower than at higher levels.  At 25 feet, I have no clue since there is no
way to test such a thing at my location.  However, the propagation factor
determines the optimum length of the line for greatest gain and also
introduces a maximum length limitation (i.e. the point at which further
lengths serve to reduce gain rather than increase it).

The bottom line?  This should work just fine but remember that the length
should be longer than normal (e.g. 4' to 10').

That's my $0.02 (and you get what you pay for...) hi

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com