[TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:51:49 -0000
Dpends on your earth. We have a shale layer about 5 ft down. I
tried the electric jackhammer (80 lb) with a ground rod driver , and
still couldn't get through the shale. So, I just put in a few extra rods
as far as they would go to make up for it.
73 Barry

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com