[TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sinking ground rods
From: EAvila@caiso.com (Avila, Edward)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:50:19 -0800
There was an short article in QST years ago that described solution....dig
as wide and deep a hole as you can, then pour a small amount of water into
hole, let it soak in then start driving the ground into the ground.....when
it stops going easily, repeater the water soaking and drive the rod down
some more until it stops going easily.

Jim, since I read this idea I've been very successful installing 8' rods in
nasty hardpan in our part of the world with a lot less effort and pain!

73......./k6sdw