[TowerTalk] Rohn45G tiltover Antenna capacity

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn45G tiltover Antenna capacity
From: brewer@flash.net (Marty Purselley)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:20:55 -0600
I have the following that I want to put on my "new-to-me"  64 foot Rohn 45g
tiltover:  2 element Cushcraft 40 meter beam, TH3-Mk 4 tri band beam,  5
element 6 meter beam, and 13 element 2 meter beam.  All of this on a 15 foot
mast and turned with a TX2 rotor.  Does this sound unreasonable?  Is there
any modifications which would allow more capacity with respect to the
tilting mechanism?  Will the 15 foot mast allow for sufficient separation
without interaction?  Will using fewer sections on top allow for more
weight?  Given what I want this tower to do, would I be better suited with a
quad?  Finally, is it necessary to use galvanized J bolts?  Anyone have a
source for them-I'm figuring 1 inch diameter by 18 inches.  As you can tell
from the questions, this is my first tower project.

Thanks guys,

Marty