[TowerTalk] Rohn45G tiltover Antenna capacity

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn45G tiltover Antenna capacity
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:01:19 -0700

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:20:55 -0600 "Marty Purselley" <brewer@flash.net>
writes:

> I have the following that I want to put on my "new-to-me"  64 foot
> Rohn 45g
> tiltover:

By the way, it would be a very good idea to buy another
rotor plate, and put the rotor two feet further down in the
tower.

By doing that, when it is time to replace the rotator (about
every 4 years) you will be able to secure the mast to the
original rotor plate, using brackets. This will give the
mast a two-point suspension while you replace the rotor.
Otherwise, it's a pain, because when you remove the rotor
bolts, the mast and antennas try to flop over.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com