[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Question...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Question...
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:56:30 -0500
At 02:04 AM 1/28/01 -0800, Bill Turner, W7TI wrote:
  One thing that could be improved is the
>speed ramp up/down feature.  It works great, but it only functions when using
>the preset knob.  Using the manual rotation lever, it doesn't ramp.  Just
goes
>to max immediately.  Not a big deal, but something that the designers
>overlooked, apparently.  All in all, a great rotator.

Interesting.  This must be an innovation in the "A" series, because my 4
year old G-1000 doesn't have it.

In fact, it's worth mentioning that the A series control boxes appear to be
almost totally revamped internally.  A lot fewer discrete components than
the earlier ones, and entirely different schemes for adjusting the display.
 On my G-800SA, the overlap light comes on if there is a wiring fault.  All
in all, seems like continuous improvement at work...

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at