[TowerTalk] VE3BMV Razor beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VE3BMV Razor beams
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:39:38 -0500
> That maybe true in some of the contests. Yuri did mostly single band
> 15 Meter entries as I recall and he was beaten out here by a young
> fellow using a TH6 @ 60 feet as well as by K7ZZ operating at VE7WJ. I
> seem to remember most of Yuri's title's were Canadian and not World.
> 73 Earl VE7IN

Hi Earl,

Not to reflect on you, since you didn't use this nonsense as an
example of proving an antenna works, but this stuff is a total waste
of time even if TH6's did beat Yuri.

Nearly anyone would (or should as I am sure you do) understand
the antenna has little to do with any of this, as long as it works
reasonably well. We have no idea how much power someone
actually runs, how propagation is, or if the claims are even true.

The bottom line is when the claims get outrageous, you know the
guy is full of bologna.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com