[TowerTalk] Phylistran tension

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phylistran tension
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:35:01 +0000
Pete,

I have a brochure from phylistrand.  It says:

"In order to keep guys from going slack during high wind loading, we
recommend that guy tension be maintained at 10% of the guys published
rated breaking strength."

Also from the brochure:
HPTG4000I breaking strength= 4000 pounds
HPTG6700I  =6700
HPTG11200I = 11200

Note this is all tied to break strength not another parameter such as
safe working load.

There is also some neat installation pictures showing the recommended
"articulated hardware" recommended for phylistrand using big grips.  I
doubt that most people do it that way.  It uses double anchor shackles
at both the anchor rod and tower plate ends.  "Articulated hardware
will reduce abrasion on the dead-end hardware interface when the guy
is subject to cyclic loading conditions"

With all that being said, you still may be correct.

73 de Brian/K3KO