[TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 95

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 95
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:00:17 -0800
Hi Stephanie,

I am not sure of the boom length or wind surface area of the Pro95,
but it sounds like its comparable to other big tribanders like the Hy-Gain
TH7 or KLM KT34XA. If this is the case, then you shouldn't have any
problem supporting it with Rohn 25 provided that the guying and
bracketing are done properly. If you don't already have one, I would
suggest picking up a copy of Rohn tower catalog. This has all the
Rohn specifications for maximum bending moment and recommended
guying configurations. Dave Leeson's book  - "Physical Design of Yagi
Antennas" published by ARRL is also a good reference with lots of
information on doing wind loading calculations. If you don't have
information on the wind load of the Pro95, you might want to contact
Mosley as this information will be useful when doing the design
calculations for your installation.

Good luck,