[TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 95

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 95
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:23:17 EST
In a message dated 3/26/01 8:51:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, wx3k@ptd.net
writes:

> I have read through numerous postings about lossy traps, bad front to back
>  ratio, etc. etc. I have yet to see any empirical evidence. Real
>  data.......Antenna range measurements in dB with plots in various
>  planes.........Anyone have some real data comparing the Mosley to the Force
>  antennas and others ????

    Gee - funny you should ask. The report N0AX and myself wrote did just
that. We compared a dozen tribanders on the air and reported the results. The
report is about 80 pages of protocol, data sets and summaries. Available from
 <A HREF="www.championradio.com">www.championradio.com</A>

>  Ok.....my county wind speed is 70 MPH.....Now what do I do with that
>  determination ?

    What state and county? Just want to check the TIA-222 rating (also on the
Champion Radio Products website under Tech Notes). You need the info to see
if your tower is capable of handling that antenna load for your windspeed
rating. It is. It's one of the basic design parameters.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products