[TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wire anchoring question
From: wa9wsj@yahoo.com (Tom Mattus)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 13:29:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again gents!
I've been doing my research with the "prime directive"
in mind, but, would like to know the collective's
opinion's/pro's/con's/concerns about guys tied to an
extended pipe or I beam which raises them above ground
level. Is it, or could it be, as efficient and SAFE as
what's suggested in the Rohn book? One thing I have
noticed is that there are no cables or anchor bars in
contact with the earth to deteriorate, (which I
believe is a plus), such as shown in 'the book', which
has also been discussed here before. What are the
facts about this method?
Thanks again! Tom