[TowerTalk] Cell towers and Ham Radio

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cell towers and Ham Radio
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:35:13 +0100
As I read the original post, it's a government installation, so all
 comments about personal towers do not apply.

However, relative to personal towers, be careful.  If you have
neighbors who have (or might) complain about your existing tower,
and your original tower was not zoned or permitted as a
commercial tower, your neighbors may then get real nasty if a commercial
tower
comes into the neighborhood - with or without proper permits.

Do you want/need that aggravation?  I don't.  When I installed my tower,
my neighbors went to the county and told them that I was running
commercial services (which I wasn't) and demanded that my tower come down.
The county talked to me, inspected my installation, then upheld my permit,
told the neighbors
to cease and desist, and told me that I would never hear from them again on
this issue.
And I haven't!

It's the 134 foot tower: www.erols.com/n3rr

73,