[TowerTalk] Pouring concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pouring concrete
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 01:51:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/01 6:18:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time, n9en@voyager.net
writes:

> Around here, the cement truck drivers' time is at a pre-
>  mium and I don't know how much time I would be allowed
>  for the 3 cubic yards of concrete. I'm just looking for the
>  easiest way to get this done and not waste too much of
>  the driver's time.

    In our area you're allowed something like 8 minutes per yard. The drivers
will usually give you some slack too.

    You might want to consider a line-pump. It's a lot cheaper than the
snorkel-type and can pump up to 400-feet.

    I'd do just about anything to keep from humping all that concrete by
hand.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,