[TowerTalk] Pouring concrete

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pouring concrete
From: mnewman@clear.net.nz (Mike Newman)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:48:48 +1200
Jim McDonald wrote

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:30:07 -0700
> From: "Jim McDonald" <n7us@arrl.net>
> Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Pouring concrete
>
> Brad,
>
> How far is it from the spot where you'd stop the truck to the holes?
Would
> a concrete pump work?  I'm thinking of the type you might have seen in
> commercial work, pouring highways or big slabs.  They use a LONG boom of
> several sections of tubing and an auger that pushes the concrete from the
> truck into and through the tubing.

Pumping is probably the tidiest method but don't forget that at the end of
the pump you still have all the concrete in the pipeline to dispose of.
Depending on the length and internal diameter of the pipeline you could have
up to a cubic yard of concrete to dispose of.  More barrowing required!!

Offer it to your neighbour for free. No worries about TVI then!

ps - As a construction engineer I've designed and supervised thousands of
yards of pumped concrete on major projects.

Mike    ZL1BNB  (RE, MIPENZ  and BE (Civil) - something like your PE's)

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----