[TowerTalk] Newbie needs guidance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Newbie needs guidance
From: tazanator1@home.com (Tazanator)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:34:06 -0500
okay county wind load is 75.  plan so far is at hight of 17 feet mount MFJ
wide band, 1st TV ant then CB ant (about 32 feet now up tower) then 2nd TV
and pulley for sloping wire (much later addition) on top 2 meter beem.
Grounding by 4 radials 25' of #8 awg wire 2-4" below grass with 10' copper
pipe at ends (stright down and under the grass too.

should be about 52 feet high, shooting for guy wires at 32 and 52 foot marks
(just under verticals) about 50 feet from base of tower hooked up to wood (a
shed and 4x4 fence posts)....can I run Dipoles in or on the guy wires? also
garage is beside tower so I may add a brace at 10 foot level

3 foot by 3 foot by 5 maybe 6 feet deep cement hole...plastic pipe thru base
leggs and into a pocket of limestone to help prevent rust.

Any other sugestions...I just have to keep it looking neat..Neighbors don't
care for the 5 15 foot pipes I am using now, and the wife wants it all in
one small place looking clean and neat. also can the belden 8281 tv coax
work for the ham ant's?