[TowerTalk] C31XR / CC 402CD Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C31XR / CC 402CD Question
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:01:25 +0000
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:56:38 -0600 n4kg@juno.com writes:

> Do you see 6 lobes on 17M on your 40-2CD when you rotate it?
> If so, then it is acting as 3/2 WL current fed Long Wire.
>
> If you only see 2 lobes (broadside to the DE), then it is
> acting as an isolated (as opposed to trapped) DIPOLE.
>
>       de  Tom  N4KG

I did a quick experiment yesterday with another ham a few miles away.
The 40-2CD has only two broad lobes, broadside to the elements(6dB
BW 120 degrees)on 18 Mhz. There is a sharp
null, only a few degrees wide, of about 18dB off the side. The
front and back lobes are identical in amplitude and shape. SWR
was 2.4 at 18.1 Mhz. Pattern amplitudes were measured with a step
attenuator.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com