[TowerTalk] Telrex Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex Antenna
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:40:24 -0700
It solved on of my mysteries.  Lately I have been wondering if I was
using a tribander or a single 20 when I was VE8FO on the DEWLine.  Now I
know.  Thanks.  This poses a new mystery.  Why on earth did I do a
single 20 in CQWW at the peak of the best sunspot cycle ever?

Jim Smith       VE7FO

W0UN--Signal Hill Ranch wrote:

> There was also a "Dew Line Special" Model XCTBS-101520
> that had a 3.5 inch boom center and 3 inch tips.  BUT IT
> WAS ONLY a 4 element, somewhat-curios, design with a
> 16 ft boom.  The curios part is that all three elements were
> tri-band trapped in the classical 20/15/10 reflector, driven
> element, director configuration--but there was also a second,
> separate,10 meter reflector.
>
> Not sure if this helps or adds to the mystery.
>
> John  W0UN

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----