[TowerTalk] near field on 6M?Some answers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] near field on 6M?Some answers
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 23:11:03 -0500
Billy- I am just going to have to wait till it "Bites".  As to trying
different programs- my computer is on 24/7, and I have left the radio on,
tuned to the noise, just sitting there as I work with many different
things. Once in a while, I brought up one of the many digital
logging-operating programs that have "waterfall" scope capability, just to
see what the signal looks like. Those programs are great, especially for
gaining an understanding of the operation of filters, etc. They all show
the same signal.
Interesting- there is a signal at about 50.141MHz, that has several bands
separated by 86Hz. This one I know is associated with the monitor. It is
consistently in the same place, and has little change,  no matter what I do.

Oh, well, it will come back, and I will try to find its source.

Bill-W4BSG

At 10:49 PM 5/1/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Very true ... you might they the "Hit F6" on boot up and
>see if you can stop it from loading ...
>
>Reality is ... W98 is here to stay (did I just type that?) !
>
>I had a PS (in a small mini tower unit) here once that was
>MURDER on 160m ... swapped it with another mini tower case
>that I had built up for one of my daughters ... ZERO noise on 160m ...
>it was the PS in the first unit ... which was quickly deep-sixed !
>
>Mnnn ... any of your pc setup have the "green" options, perhaps
>one or more items were in 'standby' when you made the
>first tests ... <yes, I am grasping at any idea, but sometimes
>it might help ... these type of problems really tend to wear me
>down after a lot of searching and no resolution.>
>
>73/bc/NU

-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776