[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:42:41 EDT
If you don't mind your low band antennas picking up the AC going along the
coax to control relay switching- the RCS4 is great- My first RCS4 smoked as
soon as I plugged it in, and the second created such a noise on certain
positions utilizing my beverages, I took it back. (more like THREW it back)
Nothing like two 300 mile round trips to HRO in Denver to pick up junk- not
to mention the headaches of having to deal with something broken out of the
box- But now I have two RCS8 antenna switches  with no complaints- it seems
to work fb without the noise as it controls the relays with a separate DC
line to the control box, instead of sending AC out on your coax to do it-
Sending out AC along your coax to control relays is like kissing your dog's
butt!!- - For $10 more, with the RCS8, you get an extra antenna port and a
quiet device- All that said, for some more $$$, you might want to consider
going with a well built antenna switch from WX0B@arraysolutions.com.  And I
think Jim at comteksystems.com has one out now too- both owners are fb with
customer service-

73  Paul  N0AH

73  Paul  N0AH

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com";>www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----