[TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] thoughts about property layout
From: n9rla@yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 13:14:25 -0700
I have an almost identical situation here.  The power feed from the pole to
the weather head at the house runs diagonal across the back yard of my tiny
lot.  At my place, the line is only about 10 feet above ground for a good
portion of the run, and passes through the limbs of a couple of large maple
trees on the property.  I've been considering complaining to the utility
company [city of Scottsburg, in my case] that it is a safety hazard being so
low and accessible.  I'm concerned about neighborhood children climbing the
tree and coming in contact with the wire.  Not to mention I would like to be
able to put antennas in the back yard!

Sounds like burying the cable is the way to go, but right now the $$$
prevents it....

73
Dan

Dan Evans N9RLA
444 Lynhurst St.
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla
InHam list administrator
QRP-l #1269