[TowerTalk] Antenna surface area

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna surface area
From: wa2moe@doitnow.com (Stu Greene)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:15:38 -0700
I regret (1) having thought about the question and (2) expressing my views.

Each posting has been read and considered and then, even more confused, I
ran a Google search on the question >surface area of a cylinder<

http://www.math.com/tables/geometry/surfareas.htm  is the easiest to
understand but the intangible of how much of the area of the element should
be calculated for wind loading purposes rermains.

It seems to me that to solve wind loading area we need a wind tunnel, a
Cray computer, and professors of  logic, mathematics and physics,
preferably from a top notch engineering university, and an Act of Congress.

This is not an easy question and I quit

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----