[TowerTalk] guy rod angle

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guy rod angle
From: nielsen@oz.net (Bob Nielsen)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:27:45 -0700
On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 11:25:18AM -0700, Wilf Barby wrote:

> Hey Brad, if your 5 inch rule doesn't give you sufficient significant
> digits, I can loan you my 'circular' (about 10 inch diameter)
> slide rule that is equivalent to about 8 or 9 feet! heh heh!

In my freshman chemistry class at Caltech, the prof (Linus Pauling, no
less) used to work out a problem on his 6 in. slide rule and recite the
answer to 6 or 7 digits.  We all knew he had a sheet with the answers
already written down laying on the desk, but who was going to challenge
a Nobel laureate?

Bob, N7XY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----