[TowerTalk] Re: Dipping with 259B and such

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Dipping with 259B and such
From: n0tt1@juno.com (N0TT@ juno.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:06:38 EDT
Tom,

Actually, the 259B is *NOT* used as a grid dip meter in this
application...the external meter is the "dip" indicator and
it really is quite sensitive. Perhaps I didn't make that clear.

BTW, MFJ sells a set of 2 plug-in coils for the 259.  It's
called a "Dip Meter Adapter"  Model MFJ-66.  I found that
item to be absolutely worthless for "grid dip" applications.

73,
Charlie, N0TT