[TowerTalk] Anyone ever make large LOG antenna to cover 10-30?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anyone ever make large LOG antenna to cover 10-30?
From: k4bet@bellsouth.net (Paul McInnish - K4BET)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:52:40 -0700
Gary... the array you are talking about was made by Hy-Gain... the boom was
Rohn 45 (not 25) and the boom was longer than 64'... don't remember the
exact dimensions.

We used Hughey's to put our up...  the entire tower rotated for directivity.

We (our units) used 'em in the same 'scenic' vacation spot you were in plus
the Persian Gulf war.

Had capabilities of running 10 kw on all frequencies... of course, I... uh
we... never put the 'rig' on the ham bands... was not allowed in a battle
theatre

All the best.... & 73,

Paul McInnish - K4BET
CSM - USAR (ret)