[TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Crappy PL259's
From: wb6yaw@dreamsoft.com (Jim)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:05:52 -0700
I certainly am not having this problem.  I can only think of 2 things that'd be
wrong.  Either not enough heat or maybe you're using some of that new lead free
solder. A PL259 can sink quite a bit of heat so use a big iron and also be sure
to use a good quality solder with lead.  I've never mastered the lead free
stuff.  I think it takes a special flux.

73
Good luck
Jim