[TowerTalk] Homebrew Rotators

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Rotators
From: Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl (Zoltan.Pitman@libertel.nl)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:51:01 +0100
> An alternative, from a TowerTalk thread of long ago, is to buy a
> small-closed circuit TV camera and place it at the base of the tower,
> pointing up. (Preferably on the north side, so as to allow
> the tower to
> block out the sun during the day) Illuminate the antennas for
> checking the direction at night.

Closed circuit TV camera for heading indication ?!?

What about getting a local rookie up on the top of tower with large
capacitor connected to his feet? Every time I remotely discharge the
capacitor he should report the heading. It requires only 2 wires and a HT...

If he has good physical condition you can spare the rotator, too...

Zoli HA1AG

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----