[TowerTalk] George de Lee....Aluminum threaded machine screws?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] George de Lee....Aluminum threaded machine screws?
From: leewical@lava.net (LEE R. WICAL)
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:49:10 -1000
All:
I've used LOCTITE (SP?). The kind of LOCTITE to be used is the one you can
remove the machine screw later.
NOT the permenent LOCTITE which you cannot remove w/o doing some real damage.

George:
        Where do you find your product? Does it have a product name? WEB site?
USPS address? I'm willing to try it. It might help me in my professional
work.....
Please advise
Lee
====
At 10:31 PM 11/6/01 -0600, George Skoubis wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I don't have a Ham IV, but I have a little experience with keeping bolts
>tight that are threaded into aluminum.  The solution for aluminum heads on
>racing engines (VERY expensive) is to tap all the threads for heli-coils and
>then thread the bolts into them. They're not really that hard to install
>either...
>
>  You won't ever have to worry about having the rotor apart enough times to
>wear one out.
>
>  This would beat finding pieces on the ground...
>
>  You can take a look here
>http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil/Default.htm
>
>73,
>
>George / KF9YR