[TowerTalk] TailTwister Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TailTwister Problem
From: tmartin@chartermi.net (Tom Martin)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:40:29 -0600
I finally got the tower up, but the antennas are stuck due north because
the rotor won't turn!  Everything worked fine on the bench, but once it
was in the air, it doesn't turn.  The wedge releases and the antennas
show normal play in the breeze; so, there isn't any binding. Could the
motor capacitor be the problem?  I can't believe that it could go in
just a few days at rest.  All of the voltages and resistances check
according to the manual.
73, Tom W8JWN

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----