[TowerTalk] TailTwister

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TailTwister
From: tmartin@chartermi.net (Tom Martin)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:22:13 -0600
First of all, the size of the wire isn't the problem.  It is the
recommended size from Cable Experts and only is a 130 foot run.

The "clank" from the wedge releasing is quite audible.

The play in the wind is with the rotor off, or disconnected.  Wouldn't
their be little play if their was binding?

The rotor was completely refurbed by the Rotor Doctor this fall.  The
control box was not, but it did turn on the bench with temporary leads
before I wired that Quick Disconnect which, in my opinion is a piece of
junk.  I'd rather wire the terminal strip.

I guess I will try the spare capacitor I ordered last week.  In the
meantime, I'm going deer hunting for 4 days and forget the whole mess!

Thanks to all who replied.  Tom

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----