[TowerTalk] N7VM Tower Project Report 11/22/2001

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] N7VM Tower Project Report 11/22/2001
From: n7vm@lgcy.com (Bill Ralston)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:23:56 -0700
The permit has finally issued!  Went down Tuesday and picked it up ($170.64
fee). Although I have lots of #4 (1/2") rebar lying around, I didn't have
any #6 (3/4") as called out for the base. Of course, #6 is not readily found
at Home Depot either, but after a bit of asking around, was finally pointed
in the right direction.  $6.80 netted me four 4' lengths of the stuff from
the local rebar supplier. (Felt a little funny getting my 4 little pieces
while they were loading up a flatbed truck with tons of the stuff using the
big crane...).

A little further research to discover I was looking for a "hickey bender"
tool for bending the small stuff used in the cross braces and guy anchors.
$16 for that from a concrete forms and supply store.

Unfortunately, mother nature has decided it might be time to start winter
here in Utah, and we are supposed to get a series of storms over the next
few days. In fact it's raining/snowing now.  If the weather cooperates, I'll
rent a transit and we'll lay everything out Friday. Otherwise, it might be a
while, since I have some other obligations the next couple of weekends.
Sigh.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----