[TowerTalk] Antenna & AC Cables to Garage/Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna & AC Cables to Garage/Tower
From: N2SCJ@MSN.COM (Turner, Bob)
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:30:40 -0500
I'm having an 18*30 Garage built out back about 50 feet away from my house.
It is likely that I will place a tower next to the garage as well, or at a
minimum a roof tower on garage.  The roof peak will be up 15 feet.

Over head or underground cables?

Electrical Service probably will go under ground.  What amperage service?  I
think at least 50AMP 220V.  Welding and an Air Conditioner are likely.  It
is not mandatory that they run at same time.

Should I use underground conduit so I can pull other cables including RF
cables as well?  Perhaps just bury the appropriate underground feeder cable.
There will be a 45 degree bend.  The bend could be broken up into a series
of lesser bends.  If conduit, what size?  Once I pour the concrete driveway,
I block the digging path between house and garage.

Telephone service goes to the garage.  Maybe even an Ethernet 10BT
connection.

My shack is 2nd floor of house.  That tends to suggest overhead RF cables
between garage and house to minimize cable run.

Ideas?

7 3
Bob
N2SCJ