[TowerTalk] S Meter Monitoring Software

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] S Meter Monitoring Software
From: gregordy@ameritech.net (Greg Ordy)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 10:06:22 -0500
I have updated my free S Meter monitoring software, located at:

http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Software/SMeterLite.htm

    This program works with the radios which support remote reading
of the S Meter from the computer. That list includes the ICOM 756PRO,
706MKIIG, 746, and Yaesu FT-920 and FT-1000MP (probably MKV too).

    The recent update includes the ability to draw an antenna
pattern plot from accumulated S Meter data.

    Greg Ordy, W8WWV
    gregordy@ameritech.net

PS: nearby that web page is another that holds a set of S Meter
measurements I made about a year ago. The measurements show
that for a large set of radios, the value of an 'S Unit' is not
even close to some mythical value of 6 dB, especially at the
lower end of the S Unit range.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----