[TowerTalk] Re: gps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: gps
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 20:14:12 +0000

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 18:58:52 +0000
>

>Mike, some great ideas here!!!
>
>It always amazes me what we have to go through just to buy some stinkin'
>cheap(?) ham toy, but if the wife needs a new couch or bedroom set (easily
>exceeding the price of a top-of-line hf rig!) these decisions are made in a
>blink of an eye!! U G H!
>
>Thanks mucho........73
>

>>From: "Michael J Castellano" <km1r@snet.net>
>>
>>Eddy:
>>
>>to convince the bride you NEED a GPS use one of the following:
>>
>>1) its for national security, and is top secret.
>>
>>2) its so you can make sure you are safely home every day.
>>
>>3) you will program her picture to come up on the GPS screen.
>>
>>4) it will enable you to SAVE all sorts of future ham radio expenses.
>>(careful with this one, you dont want to sell yourself short in the
>>future)
>>
>>5) its basically a requirement for public service that we provide.
>>
>>6) plead and beg and grovel...
>>

>>No guarantees what will work... I got down on my knees, and begged, and
>>grovelled, and gave up all sense of male dignity...
>>
>>barely worked, but it did work!
>>
>>GL!!
>>
>>73, Mike  KM1R
My solution for getting new ham gear with out XYL approval is to buy it,
hide it, then when she is busy in the kitchen, talking on the phone, or out
in the garden sneak it into the shack.
Once the new gear is in the shack she will never know it is there and if she
does notice then you my secret weapon and LIE saying " OH this. I have had
it for a long time you just have near seen me use it" or another one is "
hey dear look at the great deal I just made. I traded that old piece of junk
I never use to old Joe Ham for this great piece of gear"
73
Rick
KC5AJX