[TowerTalk] Shear Plate Material?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shear Plate Material?
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:43:10 -0800
I need to make a vertical shear plate (1/4" x 12" x 12") to
hold up a tubular shaped current balun/dipole center insulator
and was wondering whether UV stable black Delrin would
be a good choice. Other possible choices are Nylon 6/6
and Lexan. The material has to be strong enough to hold
the weight of a 160 dipole (center support).

Thanks,

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----