[TowerTalk] ++ Fwd: KYTV, Channel 3 - Springfield, MO - Televisiontower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ++ Fwd: KYTV, Channel 3 - Springfield, MO - Televisiontower top...
From: ka4inm@qsl.net (Ron KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 04:21:17 -0500
Hi:

> Given the large investment necessary to bring up these large towers, I all
> ways wondered why they do not incorporate de-icing facilities into them.!?
> What is an other $100K when you already spend millions on it ?:)

  Many of the TV & FM antenna have electrical de-icer heaters to keep
the tuned slots etc. from developing enough ice to detune them, the
cost and weight of deicing the tower and guy wires is prohibitive.
The latest development is paint that doesn't allow the ice to stick
(to the antenna), which works, disappointedly. (not as was hoped)

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----